This webpage is dedicated to the T.F. Green Airport Master Plan project and provides easy access to documents, updates, and community outreach opportunities. The webpage will also allow commentary to be received and answered. Please also follow the airport’s social media channels for updates.
Facebook: T.F. Green Airport (PVD)
The Rhode Island Airport Corporation (RIAC) is updating the Master Plan for T.F. Green Airport as required by the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) guidance. This process will focus on defining feasible and flexible development plans to accommodate forecasted demand over a 20 year period. The FAA ties federal funding to availability of such plans by airports. No runway lengthening or realignment is under consideration.
The main objectives of this Master Plan are to:
- ensure safe and operationally efficient facilities that meet FAA requirements;
- develop feasible and flexible alternatives to meet forecasted demand; and
- define compatible land uses surrounding the airport.
The Master Plan process is expected to be complete with FAA approvals by the end of June 2020.
Click Here for schedule
Stakeholder and community engagement during the master planning process will include:
- A Public Workshop (station style) was held on two consecutive evenings in June 2019 with one positioned in a northern community and one in a southern community location.
Click here for advertisement
Click here for presentation boards
- Public Open Houses will be held throughout the master planning process period. The next open house will be held on Thursday, February 20, 2020. Click Here for advertisement.
Click here for May 2019 presentation
Click here for July 2019 presentation
Click here for September 2019 presentation.
- A Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) has been formed and is comprised of
representatives from local, state and federal governmental agencies, airlines,
concessions and private business to ensure expertise and input from
stakeholders is captured.
The first TAC meeting was held on April 24, 2019. We had more than 90% of invitees attend and participate at both events. Meeting
attendees were divided into four sub-groups to provide input at four work
stations. The workstation focus areas were airfield, terminal area,
general aviation/cargo and landside. The groups were engaged and offered
good feedback, which will be used to develop a comprehensive list of
development alternatives to be evaluated.
Click Here TAC Meeting #1 Presentation
The second TAC meeting was held on September 25, 2019. A presentation was given on the alternative development concepts. The TAC was engaged and offered good feedback.
Click Here TAC Meeting #2 Presentation
The third and last TAC meeting was held on February 11, 2020. A presentation was given on the preferred alternative development projects. The TAC was engaged and offered good feedback.
Click Here TAC Meeting #3 Presentation
Representatives from the following entities make up the TAC:
- Business Community Representative
- City of Warwick Planning
- Customs and Border Protection
- FAA – Regional Airports Division
- FAA – Air Traffic Control Management
- FAA – Technical Operations Office
- Fixed Base Operator
- GA Corporate – CVS
- GA Corporate – Textron
- GA Flight School
- PVD Airline Airport Affairs Committee
- PVD Concessionaire Food
- PVD Concessionaire Retail
- PVD Parking Operator
- PVD Ground Handler
- RI Department of Transportation, Office of Transit
- RI Statewide Planning Office
- RI Department of Health
- RI Department of Environmental Management
- RI Chamber of Commerce
- RI Commerce Corporation
- RI Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Transportation Security Administration
To provide comments or questions regarding the master planning process, please email:
Master Plan Documents
Forecast of Aviation Demand
Information on the following tasks will be posted when available:
- Demand Capacity and Facility Requirements
- Alternatives Analysis
- Environmental Overview
- Implementation Plan
- Financial Plan
- Airport Layout Plan
For the previous T.F. Green Airport Master Plan please click here.
RIAC Announces Master Plan Update for T.F. Green – April 3, 2019
RIAC Announces June Master Plan Public Workshops - June 10, 2019
RIAC Issues Update on the T.F. Green Master Plan - June 24, 2019